Become a Governor or a Trustee
Would you like to use your knowledge and expertise to support children to become active, responsible and successful global citizens with Laidlaw Schools Trust?
As a governor or a trustee, you will work closely with Laidlaw Schools Trust to support its goal of transforming lives through inspirational education.
Each of our governors agrees to:
- Attend Local Governing Body meetings
- Undertake a school visit at least once a term, in addition to governors meetings
- Take on a ‘link’ governor role, liaising with other governors on a key area at the school, such as safeguarding, careers or supporting looked after children.
Each of our trustees—or non-executive directors—agrees to:
- Attend four Board meetings per year, held in rotation in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Sunderland and Sedgefield
- Undertake a visit to their link school once a term
- Potentially join one or two of the following committees - Standards, Operations, Audit, Estates, Remuneration and Liaison. Committees meet three to four times per year
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Hold the executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the schools and their pupils and staff
- Oversee the financial performance of the schools, making sure that its money is well spent.
If you would like to become a governor or a trustee with us, or find out more about what’s involved, please do get in touch by completing the form below.