The LST Difference
All Laidlaw Schools Trust pupils benefit from the ‘LST Difference’ – extra funding and an educational philosophy that goes beyond teaching and learning, underpinning everything we do.
Thanks to the Laidlaw Foundation, we can provide extra funding to every pupil in every one of our schools. It means that our pupils can enjoy:
- Healthy, tasty subsidised food from professional chefs
- Music lessons and access to a wide variety of instruments
- Smaller class sizes
- Sports teams and clubs
- Art, dance and theatre
- Chromebooks for pupils, and state-of-the-art classroom technology
- Digital learning and access to the latest education apps
- Cultural visits, excursions
- School uniforms for disadvantaged children
- Expanded, state-of-the-art libraries
- Summer schools
- Extra meals for vulnerable children during holidays
- A new arrivals programme for international students
- New buildings
- Special Education Needs support
- Additional welfare support staff
- Additional exam preparation, including 1:1 tutoring
- Teaching and leadership training for LST staff to ensure the highest standards of classroom teaching.
Our Educational Philosophy
The Laidlaw Schools Trust educational philosophy underpins everything we do, inside and outside of the classroom.
We want all our pupils to believe that they can do great things. They can reach for the skies and solve the world’s most intractable problems. We are ambitious. We can do hard things.
We believe that no child is ordinary. We celebrate differences and provide individual support inside and outside of the classroom to help every pupil soar over the same high bar. We believe in the extraordinary.
We help pupils overcome barriers to achieve their full potential. We have high expectations of all of our young people, regardless of their background. We transform lives.
We ensure our pupils grow as independent and resilient citizens who are equipped with the skills they need for life and work. We build skills for life.