Why Work With Laidlaw Schools Trust?
Work with us to transform the lives of children in the North East of England.
Do you relish the challenge of working in a vibrant, diverse community, primarily serving less advantaged pupils? Could you help every child achieve their full potential? Then why not make Laidlaw Schools Trust the next step in your career?
At Laidlaw Schools Trust, we transform lives through inspirational education. We have exceptional teachers who are experts at pedagogy, excel at managing a class, encourage their pupils to aspire, and are passionate about developing the whole child.
Sponsored generously by the Laidlaw Foundation, the Trust offers excellent career opportunities, extensive professional development and great working environments. You’ll find that senior leaders within each academy are committed to minimising admin and maximising staff wellbeing.
Your Careers Journey
Laidlaw Schools Trust promotes from within wherever possible. Whether you join us as a newly-qualified teacher or a senior leader, we hope that you will spend the rest of your career with us, growing and developing as we do.
The Laidlaw Schools Trust ‘Careers Journey’ is a framework that helps our current and prospective teachers understand the quality and range of professional development opportunities that are available to them.
Although professional development never stops, we have identified four key stages on the teaching ‘Careers Journey’.
- Futures - Beginning Your Journey. We will invest heavily in your professional development early on, to enable you to develop your practice rapidly.
- Impact - Make a Difference. We will support you to increase your capacity to take on additional responsibility, laying the foundations that will help you to become an outstanding leader.
- Leaders - Apply Your Knowledge & Skills. As you take on significant leadership within your school or across the LST, we will enable you to meet these additional demands.
- Executive - Passion, Dedication & Experience. As a senior leader, your learning and development do not stop. We will develop a programme of bespoke training for you, and enable you to have a transformational impact on the lives of our pupils.
At each stage, we have a programme of support that includes each of the following.
- Structured self-reflection. We have created our own framework that enables staff across the Trust’s primary and secondary schools to think deeply.
- Cohort Training. High-quality training sessions will be delivered by outstanding staff.
- Coaching and Insight. You will have an opportunity to work with one or more exceptional staff members who will become your mentor and/or coach.
- Widening Horizons. We will help you expand your horizons beyond your current role in schools, giving you opportunities to gain a deeper understanding of the operation of our schools.
Your Future With Us
We want to attract teachers who have the desire to become outstanding practitioners and will invest heavily in your professional development to enable you to achieve this aim. As a teacher with Laidlaw Schools Trust, you will develop your practice rapidly.
We will support you to increase your capacity to take on additional responsibility, laying the foundations that will help you to become an outstanding leader and have a greater impact on pupil progress in your school.
As you take on significant leadership within your school or across the trust, we will enable you to meet these additional demands and prepare you for the next stage of your teaching journey.
Even when you become a senior leader within one of our schools, we appreciate that learning and development do not stop. We will develop a programme of bespoke training that will enable you to have a transformational impact on the lives of our pupils.